Employment Opportunities at San Antonio Aquarium
We post all of our open positions on our Facebook page. Please visit us at:
To keep the gift shop looking pristine, manage inventory, work with corporate purchasing department on orders.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Stock inventory
- Offer specials promoted by company
- Explain products in gift shop and assist customers with selecting merchandise
- Manage inventory
- Ensure store visual merchandising and presentation standards are implemented.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Three years’ experience in a retail environment, purchasing and inventory experience required
- Theme park, zoo, science center, or attraction background preferred
- Strong mental and emotional balance and health required for fast paced high energy demands
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and management
- Cheerful, positive attitude with a willingness to be a team player
- Ability to create and monitor sales reports
- Opening/Closing Duties
- Checking Guests in & out
- Occasional Bird Shifts
- Birthday Parties
- Field Trips
- Interacts with the public, sometimes by showcasing animals.
- Enjoys interacting, handling animals.
- Sales/Service Background
- Gregarious, outgoing. Enjoys adult and child interactions.
- Positive, engaging attitude.